Locations used for the growth and production of cannabis, legal or otherwise, are sometimes referred to as “grow-ops”. People are often surprised to learn that many residential buildings have been used at some point or another in their history as a grow-op, with some estimates being as high as 1 in 4 in some regions of BC. These locations can remain contaminated for ten years, or sometimes more. Mold is a significant concern in these buildings. The dangerous toxins caused by mold do not merely disappear; naturally, they must be removed for an area to made safe again. While a larger and long-term set-up may cause more overall damage, size and scale may be less important than you might think. A small set-up that was only in operation for a few days can still be dangerous for a variety of reasons. Both individual homeowners and landlords are at risk, in terms of health problems as well as financial cost.